The Chronicles of Sorsha Darkhorse

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Jabba the Hutt must go!

I had a rude awakening last evening. I was sitting in front of my computer, it was off, the monitor was dark, I looked up and there on the screen was Jabba the Hutt. Ack! Actually, it was a reflection of my torso wearing an orangey tan t-shirt and slouching but it was a shock I tell you. I've known for ages now that I need to lose weight, my knees have been complaining for quite some time, and I let laziness and genetics get the best of me. So, newly motivated, I'm back on the healthy lifestyle wagon.

There is most definitely a fat gene on my father's side of the family and I got it. I know I'll never be a supermodel (I'm too short anyway), but at least I can make my knees shut up. While I was thinking about the whole fat thing I got a fundraising idea for the greyhound adoption group I volunteer with - I'll get weight loss sponsors! Shortly, I'll be collecting pledges and starting June 1, I'll see how many pounds I can ditch between then and Greyhound Planet Day in September. Hopefully I can raise some much need cash for the dogs at the same time.

  • Step 1 - cold turkey on the carbonated beverages.
    I'm a caffiene addict and I like it bubbly. My first step is to to cut carbonation, then move on to caffiene altogether (we'll go slowly on that one, been there, done that, got the headaches).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home