The Chronicles of Sorsha Darkhorse

Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Year of the Answer

Or what to do when you turn 42. If you don't know what "the answer is 42" means, run, don't walk, to your local library and check out "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams. Or if you don't feel like all that exercise just Google it. The short description is from Wikipedia "In the first novel and radio series, a group of hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings demand to learn the Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything from the supercomputer, Deep Thought, specially built for this purpose. It takes Deep Thought 7½ million years to compute and check the answer, which turns out to be 42."

The point of all this rambling is that I have decided to use my Answer year as a sort of self improvement boot camp by adding one change to my lifestyle every month. Hopefully I won't have as much trouble as Arthur Dent - "I seem to be having this tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle. As soon as I reach some kind of definite policy about what is my kind of music and my kind of restaurant and my kind of overdraft, people start blowing up my kind of planet and throwing me out of their kind of spaceships!"

Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home