The Chronicles of Sorsha Darkhorse

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Answer Month 1 - September - Saving Face

I realize September is almost over but I just thought of documenting the whole Answer Year process. So, month one is all about age. More specifically the age of my face. I've never been one for moisturizers and cleansers and masques and toners and all that stuff except when I was a teenager and didn't need it. Unfortunately my poor facial skin has paid the price. I've noticed lots of sun damage recently and more redness than in the old days, so I decided to do something about it.

Luckily for me, a coworker who is currently a massage therapist (and cooking student) also spent 17 years in the beauty and cosmetics industry and knows exactly what I need. Specifically :

Day time: clean face with a gentle cleanser
apply Avene redness relief soothing cream spf 25
apply Roc retinol correction eye cream
Optional: Avene thermal spray water
Also: Roc multi Correxion tone perfecting treatment for brown spots

Night time: clean face with a gentle cleanser
apply Reversa anti-spot night care lotion
apply Roc retinol correction eye cream

The products should last about 3 months each, so for about $100 investment, not bad. I don't yet have the tone perfecting treatment, I ended up ordering it from Drugstore.com since no one local had it. Everything else came from London Drugs or Shoppers. Apparently it will take a month or so after slowly introducing each additional product for me to really see results. Liz says she can see a change already but she has the eye of a pro.

So there you have it, month one. I'll post some before and after shots at the end of the year (ie June 2011), then we'll see if it worked. October starts tomorrow but I'll be posting my October change on Monday after I try it out (if I don't chicken out).

2 Comments:

  • Not to be, you know, nitpicky, but shouldn't you have started your year in July?

    By Blogger Unknown, At 3:22 PM PDT  

  • LOL Yes, I suppose I should have . . . Hmmm, I guess I'll have to find 2 more things.

    By Blogger Sue, At 11:45 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home