The Chronicles of Sorsha Darkhorse

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Coming Unhinged - Literally!

Well, it happened again - the outside door to our suite came unhinged. I'm not sure that unhinged is exactly the right term, seeing as the hinges are still functioning properly, they just aren't attached to anything. At any rate, I'm sick and tired of the door almost falling on me every other time I open it, so I bought the mother of all screws today - 4" long wood screws! If those suckers don't hold it together I don't know what will.

What really needs to happen is for the door to be redone, but that means tearing out new drywall and listening to most of my family blame it on my kids being to hard on the door. True, they do often slam door and don't always remember to turn the knob, however, the blame for the faulty door lays squarely on the uncle who installed it. Anyway, we'll see how the giant screws do before I look for a carpenter (Andrew Dan Jumbo maybe?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home