The Chronicles of Sorsha Darkhorse

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Things I'll Do

to make a little cash. I forgot to mention the results of medical, dental and pysch evalutions. Apparently I am not insane or at least not enough to be kept home from deployment. I am in good health and have excellent eyesight //yay!!//. My dental hygiene though has always left something to be desired. Quite a lot according to the base dentist who wouldn't sign off on my form until I had a "scaling and root planing." Sounds painful, doesn't it? Well, it was.

Ouch, ouch, ouch! My jaw still hurts. I've been twice to a local dentist office (who were kind enough to squeeze me in to their busy schedule at short notice) and have had "the worst of it" scraped off my teeth with an ultrasonic scraping thingy. For 2.5 hours, fortunately in two appointments or I wouldn't be able to move my jaw at all. I still have to go back for another round of fine tuning. I now know more about periodontal //sp?// disease than I care to and have an arsenal of personal teeth cleaning implements / torture devices (that I now know why I have to use them). You might say I've been scared straight. I never, never, never, did I mention never, want to have to do that again. Off to floss now . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home