The Chronicles of Sorsha Darkhorse

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Holey Moley! I'm off . . .

to Kandahar on Thursday! I got the call a few days ago and have been running around trying to get ready ever since. So much to do, so little time.

Myself and a colleague are leaving from Victoria on Thursday and flying via Calgary, London and an undiclosed location to Afghanistan. We will meet three others in London. That is a relief, I was worried about travelling that far by myself. I was offered a 3 month temporary position as a travel coordinator. Not sure if there is a possibility of extension but that's OK. My coworkers at the restaurant gave me a huge supply of Tim Horton's gift certificates, so I will always be able to get a double double.

So Selena is off to mum's and will take care of the pets from there and my cousin will be painting our place while I'm away. I'm down to Victoria to get shots and an ID card on Monday, then back to checking my list multiple times . . .

Time in Kandahar

Weather in Kandahar

I'm sorting all my email addresses into a list so I can keep everyone up to date.

1 Comments:

  • I need you e-mail address. I thought I had it but I dont, and you've already left

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:05 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home