The Chronicles of Sorsha Darkhorse

Monday, June 14, 2004

Pet Peeve Time

\\rant\\ I have discovered an annoying hobby that seems to be rampant here in the lovely Cowichan Valley: writing in library books! In INK!!

Grrrr.... Not only are these people defacing public property, they are ruining my reading pleasure. The last three times I have been to the library at least one book in my selection has been written in. This would be-editor (or editors, Heaven forbid there be more than one!) takes it upon themselves to correct editing mistakes, add definitions, and make other misc plot notes. IN INK! Right in the text! At least something written in pencil in the margins can be erased or more easily ignored.

I tell you, I'm almost to the point of hunting down this Book Defacer and tatooing something rude across their forehead. Sheesh. \\ end rant \\

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home