The Chronicles of Sorsha Darkhorse

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

A Weird George Lucas Moment

Yes, even stranger than the dream I had where I won a contest at Comic Con to interview Mr. Lucas. The dream itself wasn't that strange I guess, but unless money falls from the sky, we aren't going to Comic Con until next year.

I digress - the weird moment was coming across this very inflammatory article called "Lucas Creates Sex Candy Toy for Kids 2 and Up." Well, what a way to piss off a die hard George Lucas fan. I had a great huge long rant prepared in defence of my beloved George when I dug further into the site and discovered the whole thing is a parody. And a very good one at that. Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if someone saw the odious Jar Jar Binks candy in "that" way. I never thought about it much seeing as I hate the Jar Jar character and didn't buy that particular candy. Also, the Jar Jar candy isn't the only phallic shaped candy licensed by Lucasfilm, I had lovely blue light sabre candy before my kids ate it. Oh, no! Was it evil?

Why "my beloved George", you may ask? I'm not entirely sure why but I have a huge crush on George Lucas. I'm sure it has to do with his incredible imagination, business savvy and possibly the plaid shirts. However, he is cute in a cuddly sort of way. I know it's not a father figure thing, I'm not really partial to facial hair either, and he's most definitely not the tallish, black-haired, green-eyed Irish or possibly Welsh guy of my dreams (that's another blog altogther . . .).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home